CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our 1st Father's Day

Good thing I'm a planner.  I had Bobby's father's day cards and gift before the car got sick.  Don't worry, she's all better now, a week and a half later... Bobby is pretty easy to shop for.  Bike parts. The problem with that is, bike parts are expensive.  Well you know, the good carbon fiber kinds...  And while my stay-at-home mom gig pays really well in slobbery kisses, you can't get too many bike parts with those.  So we got Bobby a Road ID ankle ID.  Now when Bobby goes out on his 25+ mile bike rides, I have a little comfort knowing if anything happens, at least someone will know who to call!  These are really great products for any athlete.  If you wanna buy one for someone, I have coupons they sent me to give to friends, just let me know!

We also got him Alton Browns "cookbook."  It doesn't really have recipes, but the who, what, when, where, why and how of cooking!  We love watching Alton and learning all about food.  My aunt actually went to culinary school with him too!  Bobby's only request for father's day was a steak.  So I got him the hugest (yes, it's a word) bone in ribeye I could find.  The ribeye is his fav and bone in makes it extra yummy!  A couple weekends ago, Bobby used an Alton Brown technique to cook these awesome "steakhouse" steaks on our grill, so he modified the technique a little and grilled a great ribeye!  They had that crust on them you only seem to get at a restaurant.  Sorry, I really can't share his secret with you...  When we first got together, Bobby's grilling skills were, well lacking, sorry babe, I still love you but he has come a loooong way.  He pretty much gets the steak perfect every time now!

Jack is so lucky to have Bobby as a Daddy.  I just can't get over how much he loves Jack.  It melts my heart every time I see them together.  I can't wait to watch Jack grow up and interact with his Dad.  I am one lucky girl to have two of the best guys in my life...

1 comments:

Beth

That picture is adorable!

Post a Comment