CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

News Flash: People eat on Sundays

 And sometimes they eat on Mondays too.  Amazing I know.  Are you confused yet?  Well Bobby and I sure were when we moved to the South to discover that the majority of restaurants in our town (and stores in general) are closed on Sundays and Mondays.  I don't get this at all.  I still like to eat out on Sunday.  But apparently no one else does.  I want to open a restaurant that is ONLY open Sunday and Monday.  I bet I would be pretty busy...

I've mentioned how crazy I think this is to a few people and I always get the same response. Well they want to spend time with their families.  Tough.  That doesn't fly with me.  That's why you hire people to run it on days you want to take off.  You opened a restaurant to serve people food, not to spend time with your family.  If you want to only work 5 days a week, you don't open your own business, everybody knows that.  Don't they realize how much business they are losing being closed for two days?  The only place in Savannah to get a real bagel is closed on Sunday.  Can you guess what day Bobby and I always want to go get a bagel?  Yup, Sunday.  So we rarely go.  Well their loss.  And ours cause I really want bagels on Sundays...

Today I stopped by the deli on the way home from the grocery store to get some lunchmeat.  They have Boar's Head deli meat for like $2/lb cheaper than the grocery store.  I pulled in the parking lot at 3:58pm.  I parked right in front of the deli windows.  I could see people inside watching me.  I walked around the car, unbuckled Jack, got him out of his carseat, wrestled my purse out and walked up to the door.  As I got to the door, the 10 or so year old son of the couple who own the deli poked his head out and said we're closed.  I looked at the sign.  They close at 4:00pm.  Thanks kid, you could have at least asked what I needed cause it would have been quick.  This whole post was inspired by that kid.  As I walked away I looked back at the hours sign.  They are closed on Sunday and Monday.  Jerks.  And who closes at 4:00pm anyway.  They aren't a deli that sells only lunchmeat and cheeses, they make sandwiches and happen to sell the meat also.  I think people eat sandwiches after 4:00pm.  In fact, I had a sandwich for dinner, at 7:00pm...



1 comments:

This American Wife

Ugh! That is so frustrating. Its like the Commissary being closed on Monday. What? We don't need to buy groceries on Mondays? Or the fact that they close at 7 pm. I'm not driving an extra 20 minutes to go to the Walmart off post just because I need something after 7. Annoying!

Post a Comment