CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Help our Children!

I think about what life will be like for Jack all the time.  It gives me a slight case of anxiety actually.  Of course I want the absolute best for him.  What parent doesn't say this?   I worry about what school he will go to.  Who knows where we will end up next!  I worry about him having friends that are good influences on him.  I worry about someone hurting him or kidnapping him.  I worry about him becoming overweight.  I worry about him being unhappy in life.  I know I am just being a crazy new mommy, I just hope he has better than Bobby and I did.  But after all the crazy experiences Bobby and I have had in our lives, we should be able to raise Jack to turn out ok.  He really will right? 

In the meantime, I will do everything in my power to give him the best start.  Bobby and I watched some of the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution a few weeks ago.  I don't understand why it takes some celebrity from another country to want to change the food our children are exposed to at school.  Why as parents are we not fighting for a change?  These are our kids!  We protect them from monsters and flu viruses, but not over-processed junk.  When Jack is ready for school, chances are I will pack his lunch, but I want the option for him to have a healthy lunch there too.  I remember when I was in school wanting to buy my lunch some days, so I know Jack will want to.  So I signed Jamie's petition.  Jamie would like to take his petition to the White House to show the President and First lady how many people really care and ask for their support.  Won't you sign it too?  Pass it along to everyone you know!  Sign here!

Another thing Bobby and I hold close to our hearts is The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.  The first date Bobby took me on was to a black tie charity auction put on by this center.  Pretty fancy huh?  Bobby's dad also sits on the executive board.  This year Bobby will participate in the Rochester Ride for the Missing.  On May 14, Bobby will hop on his bike, along with his brother Jon and Jon's girlfriend Emily, and peddle 100 miles to support prevention education programs and to remember all missing children.  Please donate to this great cause and support my wonderful husband! Check it our here!

Thanks for letting me gab on my soapbox!

0 comments:

Post a Comment