CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He spoils me


I am quite possibly the luckiest girl there is.  Well I will always think so anyway.  For the first time in our wonderful three years of marriage, we got to spend our anniversary together!  Even though we went out to dinner the night after, it was worth it!  Bobby brought me to an amazing five course wine dinner at the Aquastar restaurant in the Westin Savannah.  We met Executive Chef Michelle when we went to Easter Brunch here and he remembered us, even brought us a surprise!  The dinner was made to compliment four CakeBread wines and it was to die for!  So yummy!

Of course I had to take pictures of our meal, so get your drool rag ready...

The first course was paired with CakeBread Chardonnay.  Maine lobster Feuillete, grilled asparagus, tobicco caviar.  The Westin flew in the lobsters from Maine that day!



Second course was paired with CakeBread Sauvignon Blanc.  This was Bobby's favorite wine and he even won a bottle! This was my favorite course too!  Fine haricot verts salad, tomato tartare, and chive oil.  Chef Michelle said they roasted these tomatoes for something like 6 hours at a very low heat, so tasty!


The third course was a new experience for me.  I am slowly becoming a fish eater.  I have ordered fish in a restaurant three times!  So when I saw sea bass, I was a little nervous!  Striped sea bass with sweet parsnips, arrow leaf spinach and saffron vanilla sauce.  I actually really enjoyed it!


The fourth course was paired with two wines!  The CakeBread Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.  The merlot was actually really good.  Usually merlots are not much to write home about, but we ended up ordering a bottle!  The cabernet was so full-bodied.  Definately good with the meal, but too heavy to drink!  Pan seared Kobe beef filet mignon with a gorgonzola ivory sauce, low country Anson Mill grit cake and sweet corn.  Heavenly...


The fifth course was strawberry sorbet shortcake with sweetened creme fraiche.  It was yummy, but I like my strawberry shortcake much better!


Remember the surprise I mentioned??  Chef Michelle remembered it was our anniversary dinner and brought us this....


So sweet!  I love chocolate covered strawberries!  We ended up taking them home because we were stuffed and full of wine!  The night was a lot of fun.  We met an awesome mother and daughter who are also foodies!  Eating out in fancy places is definately something Bobby and I enjoy.  By far the best anniversary we have spent together...

0 comments:

Post a Comment