CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

At least I won't buy that!

I wish I had this lil gem of a story to share with Bobby when he was screaming telling me we DO NOT need a new rug for the living room.  If only I had found a 5 foot chicken to teach him a lesson.  You really wanna read that story now huh?  Men will just never understand what is needed to run a household...

Now, let's all read the next part here with some understanding.  I have two dogs, a cat, an 18 month old and a husband.  So I was kneeling on the ground cleaning up bananas and graham crackers smushed into the rug when I got a little too close and got a big whiff of something.  It wasn't utterly fowl, just stinky.  I realized it was my rug.  I bought this baby off craigslist for $100 from some lady who had way too much money and traded up rugs like they are toothbrushes.  I brought her home, along with her runner sidekick, and shampooed the heck out of it.  Hey, fancy or not, I don't know what you people out there do on rugs...  When I was done, I sniffed it, rolled on it, layed on it, practically slept on it to make sure it didn't smell.  Satisfied, I put it on my floor and let Jack near it.  Now here we are a couple years and a move later, and I think it's about time to retire the old girl.  She smells like kids, dogs, and husbands.

I tell Bobby that it may be time to replace the rug within the year and he practically has a heart attack freaks out.  He's all, "Rugs last for 15 years!"   Umm, yeah, remember that 12 year old carpet we ripped out of our old house there Bob?  Gross.  And that was a carpet mean to last.  Not this dinky little area rug.  He gets all out of wack while I try to explain just because your mother may have had a rug that lasted that long it was because a) she paid thousand of dollars for it while I only paid $100 b) she never let anyone near it, let alone eat on it or pee on it  that's mainly Jack... and c) she bought hers brand new where as who the heck knows how old ours is.

Well I finally get him to calm down, and as long I don't mention the letters R-U-G in that order we should avoid all stress related injuries.  One day he'll just come home to a new rug, ask where it came from, and I'll remind him that we both agreed it was time for a new rug.  And then I'll tell him I had a coupon.  Because he always tells me as long as I have a coupon, it's ok to buy it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment