CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

At this rate, I give up...

This week is not going so well.  I'm a little nervous for what tomorrow might bring.  It all started with Sunday.  We had our closing event for the combat spouses badge on post.  Bobby went on a bike ride with a friend and was meeting us on post, so I packed me and Jack up, got the dogs inside, and shut up all the bedroom doors (you know to keep accidents from happening) and headed out to post.  Three hours later we get home.  Bobby goes in the house first to let the crazy dogs outside since Jack was asleep in the car.  I like to let Jack sleep it out while he can cause he is the kind of baby you cannot transport and he stays asleep.  So Bobby hangs with Jack while I go to the bathroom.  I walk down the hall to the bathroom in our bedroom.  I notice some stuff on the floor outside our door.  That's funny cause I thought I just swept up the floors...  I open the door, Merlin races out of the room, and I just stand there gasping.  Merlin was stuck in the bedroom the whole time and attempted to escape, by ripping up the carpet all around the door.  And by ripping I mean destroying.  Right down to tearing our wonderful 8lb pet proof carpet pad into a million teeny pieces.  Define pet proof... 

Onto Monday.  Days seems to be going well.  Jack's happy.  Morning nap is great.  Then comes the afternoon.  I swear sometimes it's like 12 oclock hits and I have a new baby.  A new evil baby.  He's cranky so I try to put him down for his nap like a half hour early.  He nurses, lays down in his crib, snuggles up with his blanket and falls asleep.  So I think.  Fifteen minutes later I have a screaming banshee on my hands.  After what seems like hours he finally falls asleep, but only for a half hour.  Then goes into this inconsolable crying attack for like 20 minutes after I pick him up.  Of course the rest of the afternoon doesn't get much better from here.  Nothing makes him happy.  I ended up putting one of his favorite Baby Einstein videos on loop and leaving him be.  Obviously Mommy Magic was not working today.  Fast forward to dinner time and I am clueless.  I have some chicken breasts out, which I am oh so bored with, and an eggplant.  I find some frozen artichoke hearts in the freezer and decide to just wing it and make some kind of pasta.  I am usually pretty good at this.  So everything is cut up and cooking away.  My standard ingredients have been added.  A lot little garlic, olive oil, butter, and now I'm ready to add some white wine.  But there's no wine. What?!  How does that even happen?  So I turn to my trusty sherry, that'll work.  Ahh, no sherry either!  So I open the fridge and see a bottle of thai peanut sauce.  Hmm... this could be asian right?  So I add a little.  Needs something else.  I put some coconut milk in.  Then decide since I put coconut milk in I should add curry powder.  I tasted it and promptly spit it back out.  I'm not quite sure what happened next, but I just remember being on the phone with Bobby crying about how dinner was ruined.  I am normally a very good cook, but being overwhelmed with Jack and not having the ingredients I needed just made me loopy.  Needless to say, dinner was trashed and we ordered pizza and wings.  Maybe I should mess up dinner more often...

Now that brings us to today, Tuesday.  After Jack and I go through out morning play ritual, I sit down to check my email.  My computer was off from the night before so I hit the power button.  Nothing.  I hit it again and it turns on but nothing happens on the screen and it isn't making the start up noise.  So I restart it and wait.  Nothing.  Take the battery out that always works right?  Nope, not in this case.  Just great.  ALL my pictures are on there.  And no, they are not backed up.  We were getting to that I swear...  Not to mention all my favorites.  I have so many recipes in my favorites I want to try.  So today after the carpet guy comes to assess the damage, we are headed to the computer store.  Hopefully it's something fixable.  And not too expensive...

0 comments:

Post a Comment