CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Organic for Your Health

Well lookie here.... blog #2. I am still a blogger. I have been in blog-world overload the past 24 hours stalking about 500 blogs. I love it! There are just so many talented people out there, I hope I can measure up. EEK!

I didn't sleep very well last night. Partly due to Jack waking up at 11:30pm when I had probably just fallen asleep at 10:30pm. I never heard him wake up, just Bobby asking me if he needed to eat. My wonderful husband had gotten up to get Jack after leaving for work yesterday morning at 5am and not getting home until 9:30pm. You are so wonderful to me Babe. I love you ♥. But, I think the real reason I didn't sleep was I was dreaming up my next blog. I have only about a million ideas.

  Food is one of my loves. I love creating recipes. I make a mean marinade. I really should be called The Kabob Queen. Grocery shopping is my favorite time of the week, actually if I had a Wegman's here, it would be my favorite time of the day. Don't get me started on Wegman's. We try to eat as organically as possible. It's so important to me that Jack get the best food possible, and since he is exclusively breastfed, I eat the best I can. We get a bi-weekly organic fruit and veggie delivery called a Farmbox from the local organic restaurant Cha Bella. They are in the process of adding meat and cheeses to their delivery services! Yes! I may never have to step foot in Kroger again?!

 If you want to try eating organic, food tastes how it's supposed to taste, here are the "Dirty Dozen" foods you should buy organic.
  1. Peaches
  2. Apples 
  3. Sweet bell peppers
  4. Celery (I get organic celery in my farmbox sometimes-AMAZING) 
  5. Nectarines 
  6. Strawberries 
  7. Cherries
  8. Kale 
  9. Leafy greens 
  10. Grapes 
  11. Carrots
  12. Pears
And onto the "Clean 15" for those foods you don't have to buy organic. Thank god! That stuff is so expensive!
  1. Onion 
  2. Avocado 
  3. Sweet corn 
  4. Pineapple 
  5. Mango 
  6. Asparagus 
  7. Sweet peas 
  8. Kiwi 
  9. Cabbage 
  10. Eggplant 
  11. Papaya
  12. Watermelon
  13. Broccoli
  14. Tomato
  15. Sweet Potato
I also always buy organic milk, or at least hormone free milk. It may cost a little more, but I drink so much milk I couldn't stand the thought of all that crap going in Jack's little body. And one day, I know Jack will thank me...


 



3 comments:

Heather

I'm afraid I lack in blogging abilities. But I've made it a goal to be better about updating! I bet it would cost more for organic BUT if you can't find organic, my old nutrition prof told us that washing fruits and veggies with diluted soap will get rid of any pesticides, etc. resulting in a product equally as safe as organic.

Alexis

OOH... thanks Heather! That's good to know! I'll never understand why organic is more expensive....

Unknown

Organic is more expensive because big argo-businesses are heavily subsidized and small farms organic or not, are not subsidize. Washing veggies and fruits does not eliminate all of the pesticides and and herbicides used in large scale, mono-culture, modern day farming practices. I try to eat locally and organically as much as possible!

Post a Comment